This week is a very special Sugar Bolus for us here at The Princess and The Pump!
Because this week it's the.... BIRTHDAY BOLUS!!!
This week we are celebrating Sweetpea's birthday! On Sunday, Sweetpea is turning 5!
This is a very BIG deal! Sweetpea told me that she has been waiting for this day "for a whole year"! She is over the moon with excitement! And we will be celebrating all weekend long.... We will be having presents and cupcakes with my parents tomorrow night. On Sunday, we will be having her "Cinderella" birthday party and celebrating with our closest family and friends!
So what better way to start off a weekend of celebrating than with a BIRTHDAY BOLUS?!?
I knew I wanted to do something SPECIAL in honor of Sweetpea's big day. The question was.... WHAT??
And all of a sudden - I knew.
My dear friend Wendy over at Candy Hearts has started a campaign that benefits Life for a Child.
It is estimated that there are over 100,000 children with diabetes around the world who are in need of assistance to access insulin. Without insulin, these children will die within one week.
I encourage you to set aside 30 minutes of your time to watch this video. It is worth your time. And it will touch your heart.
After watching this video, I knew that the perfect way for me to honor Sweetpea was to donate to the Life for a Child campaign.
We are so fortunate to live in this country. We are so blessed to have health care. We are so lucky to being able to access medical care and hospitals quickly and easily. We are lucky that we don't have to move closer to the hospital to keep our child alive. We are lucky that we don't have to walk 4 hours to get to a hospital. We are lucky that our child can go to school - that it isn't too far away or too dangerous. We are lucky that we don't have to choose between school and insulin. We are lucky that we can afford blood glucose meters and supplies.
But above all else... We are incredibly lucky that our child is alive and well today.
We are so thankful that she is turning FIVE! She has lived almost half of her life with diabetes. And she is healthy and happy. Her diabetes is in "tight control". Her risk of complications has been reduced. We are able to look forward to her future and know that it is possible for her to live a long and healthy life - a life that does not have to be defined by diabetes.
I am acutely aware that if we lived in other parts of this world... we might not be so lucky. It's very possible that we would not have the opportunity to celebrate this birthday with our sweet, sweet girl.
So... In honor of Sweetpea's LIFE.... In honor of her FIVE wonderful years...
The Princess and The Pump is giving away FIVE necklaces or keychains from Once Upon A Sugar Tree's Candy Hearts Collection!
This is not a giveaway where I got something free to give to you. No... I am going PAY for these - so that the proceeds will benefit the Life for a Child campaign. Because, for me, the point is to donate the money and reach out to those in need. And give LIFE to another...
What better way to support the cause than to give away these goodies to my readers!!
So... FIVE lucky winners will be chosen! And you will get to customize your gift! You can choose whether you want a necklace or a keychain. You can decide if want dangling beads. You can choose the color of your ball chain. And you can decide if you'd like to personalize it with your name!
To see these darling products up close, you can click HERE!
Now for the official rules.... (Read closely... there's something new!!!)
1. Leave me a comment before midnight Thursday, March 10th 2011. Include your first name (comments left with out a name will be eliminated).
** You MUST leave me a comment on this blog to be entered.**
2. To earn extra entries for the giveaway post a separate comment for each:
* Tweet about this giveaway, then leave a comment with a link
* Facebook about this giveaway, then leave a comment with a link
* Blog about this giveaway, then leave a comment with a link
* "Like" The Princess and the Pump on Facebook and leave a comment telling me you've done so - or that you already"like" me!
*Become a Google "Follower" and leave a comment telling me you've done so - or that you already are!
- No duplicate comments are allowed and will be eliminated.
- Winners will be selected via random draw at http://www.random.org/.
- Winners' names will be posted here on The Princess and The Pump on Friday March 11th 2011
- After a winner is named and posted, the winner will have 48 hours to send a message to me at email@example.com. If I do not hear from the winner within 48 hours, I will select a new winner.