There was a time when thinking of diabetes blessings would have been tough. There was a time when I would have really had to think hard about blessings and diabetes coexisting in the same sentence.
But not now.
Now I can think of lots of diabetes blessings!
* I am thankful that I listened to my gut and got Sweetpea to the doctor when she was dx'd before she got any sicker than she already was.
* I am thankful for the wonderful staff at Children's Hospital. And especially for our wonderful Nurse Practitioner who answers all of our questions and guides us in our quest for well managed D.
* I am thankful for my friends who have stepped up to learn and understand diabetes.
* I am thankful for my parents, who watch Sweetpea after school each day, so that I am able to work.
* I am thankful for Sweetpea's teachers and the way they handle D at school.
* I am thankful for our insulin pump, the Pink Animas Ping and for the meter remote from One Touch that enables me to bolus Sweetpea without getting out her pump.
* I am thankful for Dexie, our Continuous Glucose Monitor from Dexcom.
* I am thankful for JDRF and their quest to find a cure for diabetes. And for the support and encouragement they give us while we wait.
* I am thankful for our health insurance which enables me to have a cabinet full of supplies.
* I am thankful for EMLA cream to numb the site.
* I am thankful that Sweetpea is a deep sleeper and does not wake up for site changes and finger sticks.
* I am thankful for Juicy Juice in the 15c boxes.
* I am thankful for awesome products. Like the Kangaroo Pump Pocket tanks that let Sweetpea wear her insulin pump on her back. For places like Pump Wear and Too Sweet Botique that make super cute, comfortable pump pouches for Sweetpea to wear around her waist. For Petite Baubles and other jewelry makers that make very cute, very small medical alert bracelets.
* I am thankful for Dr. Banting and his disovery... insulin!
* I am thankful for my D Mama bloggers and friends who keep me sane on this crazy journey.
* I am thankful for a wonderful husband who take care of D every bit as much and every bit as well as I do.
* I am thankful for my Sweetpea. I am thankful that she is healthy, positive, and ALIVE.
That's 17 things. One for each month that we've lived with Type 1 Diabetes.
So.... what are YOUR D Blessings???
(I'm also thankful that I still have a sense of humor! And I thought this was chuckle worthy!)