I'd like to thank Tracy and Alexis for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award!
The first rule of accepting this award is to thank the person who nominated you.
So... THANK YOU LADIES!
The next rule is to share 7 things about yourself....
Here goes - 7 random things that you may or may not know...
1. I studied German for 4 years in high school. Not that I know how to speak it now. However, I thought it was really cool that when we moved into our new house, the wonderful woman that I found to watch Sweetpea during the day (pre dx) is from Germany. She has been living in the States for around 10 years. She also watched other children - one of them was also German. So, she spoke a mix of German and English. Sweetpea never spoke in German but she understood it. If her babysitter said something or gave a command in German, Sweetpea would answer in English or do what was asked. Pretty cool!
2. I played the violin for 8 years. I was pretty good. I could have been REALLY good if I would have practiced. But I HATED practicing.
3. I have secretly been listening to Christmas music in my car for about 3 weeks.
4. My great, great, great, great, great Grandmother was captured by Indians. She lived with them for seven years. The Indians had grown to trust her and treated her as one of their own. They pierced her nose and ears and adorned her with the same jewelry as they wore. She even learned to speak their language. They hoped to make her forget her family and friends and attach herself to them. Although she was treated well, she never forgot her family. Finally, she was freed and returned to find her family.
5. When I was little, I had a cat named Snowball. He was a stray that ran into our house as a kitten and refused to leave. He was dx'd with diabetes. I can't remember how old he was. Back then, there really weren't any viable options to treat him. So we kept him as healthy as possible until he finally passed away years later. This kind of haunts me today. Knowing what it was doing to his body. It makes me sick.
6. My favorite place in the world is at the beach. I love the beach. It's like balm to my soul. It energizes me. It fills me with the strength I need to get by without it until I can go back. Luckily, we go at least once or twice a year!
7. I think I have an addiction to a few things: McDonald's Coke, shoes, and jewelry. Seriously. J says that there is no way I could need any more jewelry. But I LOVE it! Big, chunky necklaces and rings. A girl can't have enough, you know??
The final rule of accepting this award is to give it to 12 bloggers that you have recently discovered and think are fantastic!
Now, not all of you are recently discovered bloggers... but you ALL are fantastic.
1. Ronda at Autoimmune Island
2. Kerry at Singapore Life
3. Crystal at Super Sweet E
4. Danielle at Where Candy is Medicine
5. Leigh at The Evans Kiddos
6. Cindy at Eaten Alive
7. Pam at Real Housewives of Sunshine Villas
8. Penny at A Sweet Grace
9. Mike at The Type 1 Game
10. Shannon at The New Normal Life
11. Amy at Tiny Blessings
12. Tracie at Such is Life